GRAPHIC DESIGN MASTERCLASS
Become a more confident graphic designer
An online course for totally new or amateur graphic designers, ready to dive deep into the design programs used to create stunning graphics.
In this course, I take you from the basics of Photoshop and Illustrator to creating your own branding suite, from start to finish!
NO MORE GUESSWORK
Learn everything you need to:
- Better know your way around Photoshop & Illustrator
- Create templates for social media,
- Create a mood board, pair fonts, and design a logo
- Create a professional-quality sans serif font (in multiple weights!)
Watch the first lesson!
MEET JEN WAGNER
Learning design by necessity? Me too.
When you start a business, graphic design isn't always the first thing on your mind.
Then comes the day you need to send a proposal, post something on Instagram, or design an ad, and the waves of panic start to come as you wonder how to design them all.
Or maybe you've started learning design for fun, and are ready to take the next step to make it a real business!
I've definitely been in both situations! As a result, I ended up spending years on YouTube watching tutorials and taking every client I could find in order to learn the ins and outs of graphic design.
In this course, we'll go top to bottom through all the principles and techniques I use in my design on a daily basis – from Photoshop and Illustrator basics, to layer masking and vectorizing, to designing a branding suite.
By the end of this course, you'll be armed with the tools and knowledge you need to be a more confident designer!
YOUR PLAN TO
Become a more confident graphic designer
Sign up for the course
After purchasing the course, you'll get an email with the link to the private course page and Facebook group. You will need to have an account on my site to access the course, using the email you used to purchase.
Learn at your own pace
This course was intended to go from A-Z, so if you're already comfortable with Photoshop and Illustrator, feel free to skip ahead!
Become a more confident designer
Whether everything in this course is completely new or simply a good refresher, the goal of this course is for you to leave feeling more confident as a designer as well as a business owner.
Module 1: Intro to Design
- Principles of design
- Elements of design
- Color theory
- Type + pairing
Module 1: Photoshop + Illustrator 101
- Learn all about Photoshop's tools and basics
- Learn all about Illustrator's tools and basics
Module 1: Beginner Design Projects
- Create a social media template
- Create a mood board
- Create a botanical wallpaper
Module 2: Learn Intermediate
Photoshop + Illustrator Techniques
- Color-matching photographs
- Layer masks + clipping masks
- Background removal
- Live paint
- Creating basic patterns
Module 2: Intermediate Design Projects
- Create a digital collage
- Create a double exposure effect
- Make lines and text wrap around a subject
- Digitized watercolor botanicals
Module 3: Advanced Photoshop Techniques
- Matching white tones
- Using the displace filter for complex editable mockups
- Prepping graphics for halftone printing
Module 3: Advanced Design Projects
- Create an editable phone screen mockup
- Create textures from paint strokes
- Example of a real logo design
Bonus Projects: Learn by Doing
- Magazine cover
- Paint strokes in a photograph
- Feminine wallpaper
Final Project: Create a Branding Suite
- 1. Creating a mood board
- 2. Designing a logo
- 3. Creating a color palette
- 4. Font pairing
- 5. Color-editing photos to match brand
- 6. Facebook + other social media banners
- 7. Arranging graphics for size
Written Section: Design as a Business
- Finding work
- Interviewing your client
- Contracts + deposits
- Prepping + delivering files
- Customer relationship management
ALL THE GOODS
With this course, you'll get:
- Access to 10+ hours of video content, going from Photoshop and Illustrator basics to designing a logo together
- Access to the VIP private Facebook group with myself and your peers!
- Bonus PDF "Selling on Creative Market Q&A"
- Bonus lecture "Scaling with Digital Products"